Instagram takeovers are most in trends nowadays, but it started as a way for people on Instagram to join with brands. Now it has become an important part of the marketing strategy of Instagram. I am sure you must be thinking what Instagram takeovers are. Read on to know all about them.
Instagram Takeover- What is it?
Basically, in an Instagram takeover, you take over the Instagram account of some other person, share content with that person’s audience but on a temporary basis. In this way, brands, individuals, etc. can come together so that they can promote each other’s content.
These takeovers initially happened when brands gave the Instagrammers permission to post pictures on their feed for a short while. But it later evolved into the part of Instagram features. There is also the possibility of video updates, live updates and stories that have made Instagram takeovers, even more, fun and exciting for all.
Reason for takeovers to be so successful
Takeovers have worked so well in the past and are also doing well now because they call for a mutual partnership that is beneficial to both the sides on a 50/50 basis. The value exchange on both the sides is the same.
It is usually a win-win situation, and the host also finds someone from whom value can be brought to the followers, and they also get a brand new audience.
Pointers about Instagram Takeovers
Not so easy
Well, this kind of takeover may seem to be a straightforward affair that has spontaneity, but it usually isn’t that simple after all.
Planning and preparing
There is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into an Instagram takeover. There has to be a schedule that is prepared for the duration before the takeover, at the time that it is going on and then after the takeover is complete.
The plan you develop also has to be unique and something that can lead to promotion. You also need your partner to be fully supportive and give maximum cooperation to be successful.
Your following at Instagram has to be good so that this works in the best possible way for you. You should also have a complete knowledge of exactly how it all works. In case you are not thorough, you can certainly think of hiring a person who can be of aid to you in this.
Advantages of Instagram Takeover
- Instagram is a very popular tool all over the world, and there are many brands which will be making full use of Instagram just by this year-end.
- Instagram takeovers can significantly help you to grow your followers and keep them tuned with the support of them targeting other’s audience, and you can increase readership of your Instagram by making more followers being added.
A few pointers for you to succeed in Instagram takeovers
- You must decide what your objective is.
- You must also underline and have in mind what is it that you want to achieve from an Instagram takeover finally.
- Determine benchmarks for yourself: When you see the post that is performing the best, you must take notes and understand why it was the best and then after they take over; you can, later on, study your results. Then make a comparison of your performance with the best one doing the rounds and then set your future goals for Instagram takeovers.
- Careful selection: You must ensure that you select the Instagram influencer in a thorough manner. It should be such a person who is regular with Instagram, has a huge base of followers and is overall comfortable with the platform. The influencer should also be ready to help you take over into his/her account too.
If you are a regular Instagram user, then you would surely know that this wave of Instagram takeover is here to stay. Both brands and businesses have greatly benefited from it and plan to increase their returns further. Also, it is a win-win situation for all as you get cross audiences and followers help you a great deal.
You can do many things in such kind of a setup: show all the projects you are undertaking, the unique talent that you wish to showcase and also reward your fans who show super loyalty. In this way, you will attract more followers to your account and in turn, benefit your partner as well.